- FMI: Ft, Spain richer than Italy, overtaking in 2017
The Spaniards are richer than the Italians: the per capita GDP of Spain has surpassed that of Italy in 2017. This is what emerges from the widespread data of the IMF.
- Confindustria: 'Italy's GDP slows down in the first quarter'
The economists of Confindustria see Italy under expectations at the beginning of 2018, in particular the risks for the world economy increase and Italy slows down in the first quarter.
- FMI: Lagarde, US tax reform is good, but Trump reduces deficit
"We have encouraged and recommended the tax reform approved in the US, but now we need the US to take advantage of the current momentum to reduce deficit and debt," said Christine Lagarde, President of the IMF.
- China: + 6.8% GDP first quarter
China grew 6.8% in the first quarter of 2018, maintaining the same pace of the last three months of 2017 and doing better than the average expectations of analysts of a slowdown up to + 6.7%. This is announced by the National Statistics Office.
- FMI: Italy accelerates but grows less than everyone in the Eurozone, even worse than Greece
The International Monetary Fund said that the Italian economy slightly improved, though it grew less than everyone in the Eurozone. Even worse than Greece.
- German Zew collapses, risk of a duty war
The Zew index, which measures the confidence of German investors, collapses. In April, the Zew index fell to -8.2 from 5.1 in March. The figure is worse than the economists' estimates that investor confidence should have dropped to -1.